The Agricultural Education program at Louisiana Tech University is the only Agriscience teacher certification program in North Louisiana. It is managed by the School of Agricultural Sciences and Forestry in conjunction with the College of Education. Students receive guided instruction in various sectors of agriculture including Plant Science, Animal Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Mechanics, and Natural Resource Management. The 120 credit hour Bachelor of Science degree curriculum is designed for students to obtain a balanced knowledge of agriculture and educational instruction, while also allowing students the freedom to choose courses related to specific areas of interest within this broad field. Additionally, graduates of other fields who are interested in teaching agriculture and advising an FFA chapter can enroll in the Master of Arts in teaching program to become certified.
Why choose Agricultural Education at Louisiana Tech University?
- Experience the satisfaction of advising the future leaders of agriculture as an FFA advisor.
- Continue the tradition of teaching agriculture, the world's most fundamental industry.
- Get student teaching experience from successful local high-school agriculture programs.
- Receive high quality instruction filled with hands-on experiences in laboratories located on the South Campus of Louisiana Tech University and Tech Farm.
- Get involved with the Louisiana Tech Collegiate FFA chapter by assisting with Area and State FFA events, as well as service learning projects with local high schools and community service in the area.
- 100 percent of graduates in our program are certified to teach Agriscience in the State of Louisiana.
Mr. Track Kavanaugh
Office: Reese Hall 104
Phone: (318) 257-2444