Faculty and Staff
D. Paul Jackson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Plant Science
Linnie Leggett Endowed Professor of Agriculture
Office Location: South Campus, Reese Hall, Rm 124
Phone: (318) 257-2412
Fax: (318) 257-4288
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 10198, Ruston, Louisiana 71272
Shipping Address: 1501 Reese Dr., Ruston, Louisiana 71270
Ph.D.-Auburn University, 2010, Horticulture
M.S.-Louisiana Tech University,2006,Environmental Biology (Plant Regeneration)
B.S.-Northwestern State University, 2000, Biology
HNRS 100-Honors University Seminar
PLSC 101-Introduction to Plant Science
PLSC 220-Greenhouse Management
PLSC 284-Landscape Plants
PLSC 301-Landscape Design and Contracting
PLSC 422-Pest Management
Pine and hardwood seedling quality
Forest tree seedling nursery management
Weed and disease control in nursery and row crops
- Enebak, S.A., D.P. Jackson, T.E. Starkey, and M. Quicke. 2013. Evaluation of methyl bromide alternatives on loblolly pine production and seedling quality over three growing seasons at the Pine Hill Nursery in Camden, Alabama. Journal of Horticulture and Forestry 5(3): 41-47.
- Enebak, S.A., T.E. Starkey, M. Quicke, and D.P. Jackson. 2013. Evaluation of plastic tarps, reduced rates, and low-impact application methods of soil fumigants on loblolly pine seedling production. The Open Forest Science Journal 6: 7-13.
- South, D.B., D.P. Jackson, T.E. Starkey, and S.A. Enebak. 2012. Planting deep increases early survival and growth of Pinus echinata seedlings. The Open Forest Science Journal 5: 33-41.
- Jackson, D.P., S.A. Enebak, and D.B. South. 2012. Pythium species and cold storage affect the root growth potential and survival of loblolly (Pinus taeda L.) and slash pine (Pinus elliottii Engelm.) seedlings. Journal of Horticulture and Forestry 4(7): 114-119.
- Jackson, D.P., S.A. Enebak, and D.B. South. 2012. Effects of Pythium species and time in cold storage on the survival of bareroot and container-grown southern pine seedlings. ISRN Ecology. Volume 2012, Article ID 874970: 10 p.
- Jackson, D.P., R.K. Dumroese, and J.P. Barnett. 2012. Nursery response of container Pinus palustris seedlings to nitrogen supply and subsequent effects on outplanting performance. Forest Ecology and Management 265: 1-12.
- Jackson, D.P., S.A. Enebak, and D.B. South. 2012. Survival of southern pine seedlings after inoculations with Pythium and cold storage in the presence of peat moss. Forest Pathology. 42(1): 44-51.
- Jackson, D.P., C.H. Gilliam, and D.B. South. 2011. Evaluation of selective postemergence herbicides for yellow nutsedge control and loblolly and slash pine seedling tolerance. Journal of Environmental Horticulture 29(3): 125-131.
- South, D.B., T.E. Starkey, and D.P. Jackson. 2011. Needle-clipping of longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) can increase seedling survival while reducing transpiration and root growth potential. Journal of Horticulture and Forestry 3(5): 159-162.