Graduate Certificate Program
In May of 2010, the Louisiana Board of Regents approved a Graduate Certificate Program in Dietetics. Effective, May 2011, dietetic interns who complete the prescribed 15 hours of graduate course work will be granted the Graduate Certificate in Dietetics.
The mission of the Graduate Certificate in Dietetics is designed to provide future registered dietitians with basic skills required to participate in outcomes-based research on-the-job and to provide and in-depth study of evidence based practice guidelines in one or more areas of dietetics specialization.
Required Course Work includes:
1. HEC 504 (3 hours): Methodology in Human Ecology Research
2. FNU 548 (3 hours): Applied Dietetics
3. Two additional 500-level FNU graduate courses (6 hours)
4. One additional graduate course, to be selected from Food and Nutrition, Family and Child Studies, Human Ecology, Kinesiology, Counseling, Psychology, Biological Sciences, Health Informatics and Information Management or related area approved by advisor (3 hours)
The course work for the Graduate Certificate in Dietetics can be applied toward the Master of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, to be completed subsequent to the Dietetic Internship.
The U.S. Education Department's Gainful Employment (GE) regulations require disclosure of certain program information to students and prospective students. Gainful Employment programs are defined by the Federal Government and are those "that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation and which meet certain other stipulations."
Gainful Employment regulations require disclosure of the following information for each "gainful employment" program:
- Program length (in months)
- Program costs including tuition and fees a student would incur while completing the program within normal time
- The typical costs for books and supplies
- Median loan debt incurred by students who completed the program
- On-time completion rate of recent graduates
- Job placement rate of recent graduates
The table below indicates the Certificate program at Louisiana Tech University that meets the Federal Government's Gainful Employment Program definition. Occupational profiles for this program can be found at: http://www.onetonline.org/ under SOC code 29-1031. For more Gainful Employment information and updates, see: http://ifap.ed.gov/GainfulEmploymentInfo/.
Financial Aid GE Disclosures