COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Abstracts are required for both poster and oral presentations at the Research Symposium. The following guidelines should be followed when preparing abstracts.
- Abstracts may be submitted by faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students from the College of Applied and Natural Sciences. Collaborators from other units are welcome, but cannot be listed as first author on an abstract or presentation.
- Abstracts should provide an overview/summary of the research to be presented. Keep in mind, Symposium attendees will likely not be an expert in your area of research. Abstracts are limited to one page (single-paced, 12-point font, 1-inch top, bottom, and right margins, 1.25-inch left side margin). Abstracts will be assembled into a Research Symposium booklet and abstracts not conforming to format guidelines will be edited.
- Use the format of the attached example abstract when preparing abstracts. Be sure to include title, author(s) name and ANS unit.
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ANS abstract in email subject line, and indicate poster or oral presentation.
- Electronic submission should be completed on this website.
- Hard copy should be one page, single-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch top, bottom, and right margins, 1.25 inch left side margin
- In addition to the abstract, include the 2020 application for presentation form.
- Submit hard copies of abstracts to Jennifer Hollis, PML Room 913.
- To be accepted, a complete abstract submission must include:
- an electronic version of the abstract, indicating oral or poster presentation – email to email@example.com
- a completed Application for Presentation form
- The deadline for abstract submission is 4 p.m. Thursday, March 20.