Graduation and program completion requirements
Completion of the Dietetic Internship requires successfully passing all the requirements of FNU 592: Internship in Nutrition/Dietetic.
Requirements for successful completion of FNU 592 are as follows:
- The ACEND competency requirements must be completed satisfactorily and verified by preceptors or Tech faculty. Verification of performance requirements is documented in the Activity Record.
- Professional behavior reviews conducted by preceptors/adjunct faculty at the completion of each rotation, scheduled for two weeks or longer, must consistently document that the intern is performing at an acceptable level. The “Progressive Discipline for Student Performance Problems” policy will be adhered to if problems are identified. Interns must comply with the policy and fulfill requirements for successful completion of the program.
- Interns must fulfill 1,200 clock hours of practice time through practicum requirements in the facilities and/or through other assigned activities.
- Documentation of completed Activity Record and a portfolio of work must be submitted to the DI Program Director before completion of the program.
- Participation in RD practice exam class requirements and workshop. Receive a score of 80% or above on comprehensive RD practice exam.
- Students completing requirements of the Dietetic Internship as established by the policies of the Louisiana Tech University DI will receive a verification statement which is submitted to CDR for eligibility to sit for the RD exam.
- Maintain good standing and meet all requirements for continuing in the graduate program.