COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Louisiana Tech’s program in Medical Technology is designed for students preparing for careers as clinical specialists who design, perform, evaluate, and supervise biological, chemical, and other clinically related tests.
Educational programs in this major include three years of pre-professional work on the Tech campus and the senior year is a clinical internship. This clinical internship is completed in one of four traditional hospital based NAACLS accredited clinical programs or in one of Louisiana Tech’s two affiliated hospital systems. Admission is competitive for the clinical internship phase.
NAACLS Accredited Hospital Based Clinical Programs
- Baptist Health College, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, Temple, Texas
- Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, Louisiana
Affiliated Hospital Systems*
- Christus Shreveport-Bossier, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Willis Knighton Health System, Shreveport, Louisiana
*These affiliated hospital systems provide clinical training for Louisiana Tech’s university-based program. Please contact Vanessa Johnson, Program Coordinator, for application information.
Graduates are eligible to sit for a nationally recognized credentialing examination in Medical Technology. Students are able to prepare for careers in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, industries, and educational institutions.
Graduates from our NAACLS accredited hospital based clinical programs have a 100 percent Board of Certification Pass Rate within one year of graduation and a 100 percent job placement within six months of graduation.
|Program Completion Year||External Certification Exam Pass Rate||Graduation Rate||Attrition Rate||Placement Rate|
*Information reported for Louisiana Tech’s NAACLS accredited university-based program only.
- Lettie Pate Whitehead
- Quota International of Ruston
- Ruston Hospital Endowment
- COLAcares Scholarship
There is a $150 fee per quarter during the student’s clinical internship year.
- Medical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist) in hospital, clinical, research, and industry laboratories
- Technical specialists in Hematology, Immunohematology, Clinical Chemistry, or Microbiology
Louisiana Tech University is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119. Phone: 773.714.880; Fax: 773.714.8886