COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
School of Agricultural Sciences & Forestry
The mission of the School of Agricultural Sciences & Forestry at Louisiana Tech University is to equip emerging professionals with robust education and applied training for the sound, sustainable, and ethical stewardship of agricultural and natural resources in Louisiana, the nation, and beyond.
Our faculty and staff work collaboratively to serve approximately 380 students with an interdisciplinary education that prepares them exceptionally well for professional careers or continued educational pursuits at the graduate level. We strategically combine classical and innovative academic instruction with complementary farm, forest, and producer experiences in order to offer students the most comprehensive and profession-relevant education available anywhere in the region.
This is a program that emphasizes close faculty engagement, participation in extracurricular activities and organizations, and direct exposure to diverse aspects of the agriculture and forestry career fields. Beyond the classroom and laboratory, many of our students train alongside staff and faculty at our constellation of auxiliary units, and others participate in faculty-directed research projects at every level.
Located a short walk away from the Louisiana Tech University Main Campus, our South Campus home is a special academic setting that is both beautiful and practical. Adjacent to our classrooms and laboratories lies a 1,150-acre working farm with beef cattle, swine, and equine units; a full-service meats processing facility; the Tech Farm Salesroom commercial operation; a 26-room production greenhouse with 28,000 ft2 of growing space; a sawmill and wood technology workshop; and a 50-acre arboretum, glass-roofed botanical conservatory, and horticultural gardens and ponds. It’s an ideal place from which careers in agriculture and forestry are launched.
- Director: Dr. Christopher Keyes
- Administrative & Accounting Support:
- Dana Williams – primary contact for Forestry and Geographic Information Science degree programs
- Jennifer Futrell – primary contact for Animal Science, Agricultural Business, and Agricultural Education degree programs (including Tech Farm and auxiliary units)
- Brenda Bowman – primary contact for student affairs, including student activities and prospective students
- Academic Program Chair for Forestry: Dr. Joshua Adams
- Academic Program Chair for Agricultural Sciences: Dr. Mark Murphey