COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Program Goals and Objectives
Dietetic Internship Mission Statement
To prepare dietetic interns to become competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists who are employed in the field of dietetics; to provide service to their profession and community; while emphasizing research and continuation of graduate studies.
Program Goals and Objectives for 2017-24
Goal 1 – The Dietetic Internship Program will prepare interns to be competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists who complete the program within 150% of program length, who gain employment in the field of dietetics within 12 months of program completion, and who provide service to their profession and community.
- Objective 1: 100% of preceptors who respond to the Supervising Dietitians Evaluation will “agree” DI graduates are prepared for entry level practice upon completion of the DI program.
- Objective 2: At least 80% of graduates who respond to the Post Graduate- DI Program Evaluation will report they have provided service to the community (ex. Wellness fairs, presentations, etc.) after completion of the DI.
- Objective 3: At least 80% of the program students complete program/degree requirements within 16.5 months (150% of the program length).
- Objective 4: At least 80% of program graduates will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- Objective 5: The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one-year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- Objective 6: Of graduates who seek employment, 90% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- Objective 7: 100% of employers who respond to the Employer Questionnaire will indicate their employees (DI graduates) “are prepared” for entry level practice.
Goal 2 –The Dietetic Internship Program will emphasize research to internship graduates and will encourage their continuation of the Nutrition and Dietetics master’s program at Louisiana Tech University within one year after completion of the Dietetic Internship.
- Objective 1 – 100% of DI graduates who respond to the Post-Graduate DI Program Evaluation will “agree” they developed competence in using outcomes based research in practice.
- Objective 2 – At least 60% of DI graduates will continue in the Nutrition and Dietetics Master’s program at Louisiana Tech University within one year of completing the DI program.
- Objective 3 – Annually, during the accreditation reporting period, at least 8 DI graduates who are continuing in the graduate program will complete their Master’s degree.
- Objective 4 – Annually, at least 4 DI graduates who have completed the graduate program will have their research accepted for a professional presentation or manuscript.
Program outcomes data are available on request