COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Nutrition and Dietetics
Employment of dietitians and nutritionists is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. The role of food in preventing and treating diseases, such as diabetes, is now well known. More dietitians and nutritionists will be needed to provide care for patients with various medical conditions and to advise people who want to improve their overall health.
Dietetics has been ranked one of the 100 Best Jobs in the US News and World Report Rankings. The median annual wage for dietitians and nutritionists is $59,410.
The field of dietetics and nutrition is growing at a rapid pace. Join our program for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many. Our graduates have a 100 percent registered dietitian exam pass rate for first-time takers among other Nutrition and Dietetics Undergraduate and Dietetic Internship Programs.
If you pursue the registered dietitian option, an internship is required upon completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- Clinical Dietitian Specialist
- Food Technologist
- Food Broker
- Culinary Medicine Chef
- Nutrition Policy Advocate
- Co-op Extension Agent
- Sports Nutritionist
- Health Educator
- Research Nutritionist
Special fees or costs
- Dietetic Association Memberships
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Scholarships
- Louisiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarships
- Louisiana Tech University School of Human Ecology Scholarships
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship
- Quota International of Ruston
Accreditations and Associations
The Dietetic Internship at Louisiana Tech University is currently granted full accreditation status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Location and contact information:
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
312-899-0040, ext. 5400
In addition, the program is affiliated with:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Louisiana Tech University Student Dietetic Association
Program outcomes data are available upon request.
The Nutrition and Dietetics Handbook contains the following information:
- Program mission, goals, and objectives
- Path to becoming a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Student costs
- Admission requirements for program and upper division
- Program course schedule
- Completion requirements
- Financial aid information