COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
There are many scholarship opportunities within the College of Applied and Natural Sciences. The College awards over $233,000 a year in scholarships funds. Several students are also awarded scholarships from private foundations. You can find links below to internal scholarship information and applications, as well as external scholarships in which Louisiana Tech University participates.
Applied and Natural Sciences
Agricultural Sciences and Forestry
The department offers scholarships for first-time and continuing students. For more information, contact 318.257.3275.
For more information, contact 318.257.4573.
- George Roy Hayes, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- Gary Zumwalt Scholarship for Environmental Science and Evolution
Health Informatics and Information Management
Students who are interested in the following scholarships should contact the HIIM department or their advisor:
- Eddie V. Cooksey Louisiana Health Information Management Association (LHIMA) – Undergraduate scholarship, active member of AHIMA and LHIMA, enrolled in CAHIIM accredited program and displays dedication to the HIM profession.
- Louisiana Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – Full or part-time student in a health-related undergraduate program where health information technology is included in the curriculum; must be a junior (completed 60 hours), cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher, active member of HIMSS.
- Lettie Pate Whitehead – Awards need-based scholarships to Christian women who live in one of these states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Most of the scholarship grants support undergraduate higher education, though the Foundation maintains a special interest in health education. A significant number of the grants target education in the medical, nursing and allied health fields.
- Ruston Hospital Endowment – Candidates must be enrolled in a program of study leading to a career in health care, be a graduate of a Lincoln Parish high school, have and maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and be enrolled as a full-time student at Louisiana Tech University.
- AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarships – Bachelor’s degree/Post-Baccalaureate certificate – $1,500 award for students pursuing a CAHIIM accredited BA/BS degree or a Post-Baccalaureate certificate in HIM or HIIM.
- Quota International of Ruston – Annually sponsors four $400 scholarships, each intended to assist a student majoring in an allied health profession. Edith Bice Award – recipient must be a female resident of Lincoln Parish; Bess Cook Award – recipient must be a student who is returning or has recently returned to college after a lapse of several years; Sally Beasley Award – recipient must be a student currently majoring in a Speech and Hearing curriculum; and the JoAnn Simmons Cardwell Award – recipient must be a student currently enrolled in the Doctor of Audiology program.
For more information, call 318.257.2854.
Human Ecology (over 20 scholarships)
Human Ecology offers scholarships for incoming freshmen, undergraduate, and graduate students. For more information, contact 318.257.3727.
Nursing offers several internal scholarships. Students may also apply for external scholarships. For more information, contact 318.257.3101.
- Mary Marguerite Merritt Scholarship
- Mr. & Mrs. Henry R. Mays, Jr. Scholarship
- Virginia Pennington Scholarship
- Uniforms for You SNA Scholarship
- Northern Louisiana Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
- Grant Adair Gorman Scholarship
- Edna C. Koss, RN Scholarship
- Louisiana State Nurses Association Woodard Scholarship
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship*
- Marvin T. Green Scholarship
- Mary B. Jarrell/Lincoln Health Foundation Scholarship
- P.R.O. Scholarship
- Quota Club International of Ruston Scholarship
- Ruston Hospital Endowment
- Student Nurses’ Association Scholarship