COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Dietetic Internship – Second Round Matching for Spring 2020
The Dietetic Internship at Louisiana Tech University has several open positions we will be filling for the Dietetic Internship starting SUMMER 2020. Below are guidelines for applying to our program for the second match:
- You must have completed DPD verification requirements and received your degree prior to the starting date
- You must have a DPD Curriculum GPA of 85 or above to be considered
- You must have a combined GRE score (verbal + quantitative) of 290 or above to be considered
If you do not meet the above stated criteria you will not be considered for the program.
If you meet eligibility criteria:
- Submit your application on DICAS to Louisiana Tech University.
- You can use a personal statement already composed for a previously applied to program as long as it includes a response to our required questions. https://www.latech.edu/documents/2018/07/didacticinternapp.pdf/
- Three references are required and can be submitted from academic, work, or volunteer references. No personal friend references will be considered.
- You do not have to apply to the Louisiana Tech Graduate School before applying on DICAS for the DI. If accepted into the DI program you must then apply and be accepted into the Louisiana Tech Graduate School for final acceptance into the DI. Students who meet DI GPA and GRE score requirements usually meet Louisiana Tech Graduate School requirements for admission.
- In order to fill the positions in a timely manner, applications will be reviewed and evaluated based on content provided on DICAS. Supplementary material mailed, faxed, or sent by e-mail will not be considered. Upload all supplementary documents (conformation of GRE scores, resume, city ranking preference) onto DICAS.
- Notification for available positions will begin on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
- If you have questions on content that was not covered above please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will not be able to respond to receive or reply to telephone messages due to teleworking.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
Vicky Green, PhD, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Director
For students who have not taken the GRE as of April 9, 2020 and wish to be considered during second round matching for Spring 2020: Potential applicants must take the GRE and obtain the minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 290 and submit their application to Louisiana Tech University through DICAS by midnight April 21, 2020. Applicants must meet all other program requirements as documented on our website https://ans.latech.edu/dietetic-internship/