COLLEGE OF APPLIED & NATURAL SCIENCES
Application Information for Louisiana Tech University Dietetic Internship Preselect
Applications for preselect will be due to Louisiana Tech in early December. Candidates from Louisiana Tech University’s DPD undergraduate program as well as Masters degree candidates may apply for preselect. Based on the applications received, the committee will select up to 8 candidates through pre-select. Candidates will be notified of status (either selected or not) by end of December. Candidates not selected in the preselect process may apply to the program through the DICAS computer matching system.
Once a candidate is accepted into the program via preselect, the program director will notify and email D&D Digital the pre-selected individuals’ names with their email addresses to ensure they are removed from the computer match. This means that students who are selected into the program via preselect will no longer be able to participate in the match.
Applicants interested in applying for the preselect option will provide the following information as part of their packet for consideration by the committee. Applications will be submitted electronically through an online survey system.
- Name, Contact Information, Demographics
- GRE score
- Supporting information
- Provide a personal statement (1000 words or less) to include the following information.
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short term and long term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- 3 Letters of References (a separate link provided)
- One work/volunteer reference
- Two academic references
For more information you may contact the DI Director, Heather McKenzie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.